Second Durham City rugby player confirmed dead in Sri Lanka

Second Durham City rugby player confirmed dead in Sri Lanka

Mr Howard died after being admitted to hospital in the city of Colombo on Sunday.

Durham City Rugby Club, which oversees rugby union "veterans" team the Pirates, said in a statement the pair suffered "non-rugby related breathing problems" and were admitted to hospital.

'We will also continue to support the Clems Sri Lankan tour party by being in regular contact with senior club officials out in Sri Lanka'.

The second British rugby player who was hospitalized after developing breathing problems following a night out in Colombo has died.

The pair had visited a nightclub within the Sri Lankan capital Saturday throughout a tour of the nation with their crew Clems Pirates RFC.

Tom Baty, 26, also from Durham, remains in hospital.

The two players are said to have complained of breathing difficulties at around 10am.

Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Break Up
Our sources say the ex-couple love each other dearly and that will continue to be the case but, again ... just as close friends. Grande had told Cosmopolitan magazine in a March 2017 interview she and Miller had met when she was 19. "It's just timing.

The following morning, two players fell ill and were taken to hospital, police said.

"We ask the media to respect the privacy of the families at this very hard time".

This follows the death of teammate Thomas Howard, 25, who lost his life on Monday.

Police spokesman SP Ruwan Gunasekera reportedly told the Sri Lankan Daily Mirror that the team was staying in a hotel in Colombo after playing their opening match against Ceylonese Rugby and Football Club.

Durham City RFC president Richard Wilkinson said: "Both players and Clems Pirates hold a special place in our rugby family, and our continued support is unconditional".

The British High Commission (embassy) in Colombo said it was supporting the families of the two victims and were in contact with the local authorities.